Noel C Gonzalez, PhD, LPC Psychotherapy & Consultation
If you are in crisis or need immediate clinical attention, please dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
This page contains helpful community and mental health resources, articles that are worth reading and links of interest.
Eating Disorders Support & Resources
Local Mental Health Resources
For more information, please
Noel C Gonzalez Psychotherapy
726 West 17th Street
Houston, TX 77008
Resources, Useful Articles & Links of Interest
Exercise and Depression
Can a few laps around the block actually solve your emotional
- 8 Keys to Recovery from an Eating Disorder: Effective Strategies from Therapeutic Practice and Personal Experience by Carolyn Costin and Gwen Schubert Grabb.
- Freedom From the Storm Within: 9 Steps to Eating Disorder and Obesity Recovery. Author: Rachel Quast, M.A., CPT.
- Love is Never Enough: How Couples Can Overcome Misunderstandings, Resolve Conflicts, and Solve Relationship Problems Through Cognitive Therapy by Arron T Beck.
- Attached by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
- A Couple's Guide to Sexual Addiction: A Step-by-step Plan to Rebuild Trust and Restore Intimacy by Paldron Collins
- Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addition by Patric Carnes
- Now the You've Lost It by Joyce D Nash, Ph.D.
- Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life by Thick Nhat Hanh and Dr. Lilian Cheung
Find Help for Eating Disorders: EDReferral.com Announcing a new Smartphone App to find treatment for Obesity, Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating
The most popular app in the eating disorder arena is the new EDReferral.com treatment finder which makes it very easy to access all of the available treatment options for eating disorders right from your smartphone. The app was created by EDReferral.com, which is the only ED referral service NOT backed by a large corporation or trying to steer you into one particular eating disorder center.
EDReferral.com is a family-based referral service started by Christine Hartline, MA who herself is recovered from an eating disorder. This online referral service has been providing referrals since 1979 -- longer than any other eating disorder referral service.
"Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for individuals to find help and to have access to all of the options available for treatment and these new ED apps furthers that goal of making it easy to find a comprehensive resource for help,” said Ms. Hartline. "This is the resource I wish I had when I was struggling with an eating disorder--years ago there was no place to find and compare treatment options.”
The app will make it possible for young people who are always on their smartphone to access the resources they need to find help.
See below for the links to the apps for the iPhone, iPad and the android system.
- Depressed mood most of the day; feeling sad or empty, tearful
- Significant loss of interest or pleasure in activities that used to be enjoyable
- Significant weight loss (when not dieting) or weight gain; decrease or increase in appetite
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much
- Agitation; or slowing down of thoughts and reduction of physical movements
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or inappropriate guilt
- Poor concentration or having difficulty making decisions
- Thinking about death or suicide